🔔
🔎

Rivka, do you store these in the fridge? Do they keep there for a few days?

050410f_592

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Rhubarb Curd Shortbread" from Rivka. It says:

"Use an offset spatula to spread curd evenly over shortbread. If you haven’t eaten half the bowl right then and there, you should have enough curd to make a layer about the thickness of the shortbread; I didn’t. Bake another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on rack. Refrigerate about 20 minutes, and you’ll find that they’ve firmed up enough to slice cleanly. Cut into 16 equal bars. Dust with powdered sugar before serving; do your best not to polish them all off in one sitting."

asked by portlandbaker over 3 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Portlandbaker, we did store ours in the fridge (the ones we didn't scarf down on day 1, that is).

Kristen, can you say how they were after their time in the fridge (how long)? Thanks.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Hi there -- sorry for the delay. Ours kept for about 4 days in the fridge -- it's important to keep it tightly covered so the curd doesn't dry out. Did you try making (and storing) them yet?

Not yet but the farmers market is brimming with rhubarb so I should get on it.