A question about a recipe: Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)

53_thumb

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)" from drbabs. It says:

"Place: artichoke hearts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon and zest, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, 1 dash each of paprika and cayenne in the work bowl of a food processor and process till the artichokes are chopped very small and everything is more or less blended together."

I LIVE ON ARTICHOKE HEARTS. WE BUY THE COSTCO SIZE JARS. SURELY YOU DON'T MEAN ONE OF THOSE SIZE JARS. WHAT SIZE JAR ARTICHOKE HEARTS DO YOU USE FOR THIS RECIPE?

asked by DAVILCHICK over 3 years ago
Image

LOL! I live on artichokes, too! I don't know what you mean by the Costco-sized jars. I'd say start with 6-8 hearts and go from there. It's a very forgiving recipe. I hope you enjoy it.

Barbara_davilman

LOL, I eat 6-8 artichoke hearts EVERY NIGHT!!!! And just fyi, a costco size jar of artichoke hearts is net weight: 68 oz. :)

Image

Oh, I just went back to the recipe and read the comments, and saw that I used a 12 ounce jar of artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's when I made this. So about 1/4 of your Costco jar would work.

Barbara_davilman

PERFECT! Thanks Dr. Babs! I'm making it this weekend for two parties. :)

Image

That's so great! You might want to scale it up for two parties!

Barbara_davilman

EGG-ZACTLY! I love to cook but I'm also VERY lazy. :)

Image

Me, too. You'll like how easy this is.