🔎

I see this Whole Foods has ramps. How do I cook them?

Wholefoods_user_icon
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Here are several great ways to enjoy ramps, suggested to us by a ramp forager named Hubert McCabe:

1. Dry-grill or broil, then finely chop and mix into salad dressing
2. Sauté with butter and mushrooms
3. Grill and toss with braised chicory and lemon vinaigrette
4. Butter-sauté and scatter atop eggs
5. Sauté with sugary late-harvest carrots and serve over pork ribs

For more on ramps, here's the whole story: http://www.food52.com/blog...

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added almost 3 years ago

Just made an Indian style curry with baby fingerling potatoes & ramps, turned out fantastic. my 2 yr old is happily snacking on them.

Lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby added almost 3 years ago

Ramp_potato My favorite ways are #4 from Kristen and i agree with Panfusine..they go so well with baby potatoes...that was my one of my recipes for this week's contest. The other is a breakfast dish that I'm hoping to post tomorrow.

Scplogoblog
Slow Cooked Pittsburgh added almost 3 years ago

You can use ramps anywhere you would use onion, leek or garlic--same family. If you want to serve them as a presentation of themselves, roasting them is one good choice. Toss them in olive oil and salt, roast at high heat (at least 400) and watch for the ooey gooey carmalization. Use tongs to roll the ramps onto themselves for a lovely showing atop pasta or meats or a fat steak or potatoes...