🔎

Just back from lunch thinking about this: what is the dumbest beverage name you've ever encountered?

Alright, I'm starting with the frappacino and working down the evolutionary ladder through the "smoothie" from Apu's Quiki-Mart. What else do you find ridiculous? Starbucks has a lot to answer for. Anyone named their first born son Mojito?

Anything with Blue CuraƧao in it. By any name at all, they all look like Tidy Bowl in the end. No. The umbrella doesn't help.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

Coke Zero and Pepsi Max

Mlt_yogateau_1
mtrelaun added almost 3 years ago

Brawndo from the Mike Judge film "Idiocracy."

3-bizcard

Mountain Dew, looks like toxic waste has nothing to do with mountains or dew. Boulangere totally agree about the tidy bowl cocktails, yuck!

Mountain Dew, toxic waste, how true!

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added almost 3 years ago

Malk is what is served in the school cafeteria on the Simpsons, but that is funny in its stupidity . . . There is a Japanese sports drink called Pocari Sweat. My son just brought home a bottle of "citrus blast" (yeah he has to spend his own money on that). I don't understand all those ______-tini drinks that are served in martini glasses. Fun food for thought!

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

I had forgotten about Pocari Sweat! That is great.

I picture the classic martini slinking around in a trenchcoat, hat, and large sunglasses attempting to disguise itself from all the new _____tinis who have deeply embarrassed it.

And how on earth many flavored vodkas are there by now?

Sept13_215_-_copy
Dabblings added almost 3 years ago

How about "the red-headed slut"? Especially since it's usually girls that are drinking it.

Lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby added almost 3 years ago

There is a drink called "yoo-hoo", sold in CANS which is supposedly a chocolate milk drink!!

Lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby added almost 3 years ago

This reminds me of the old David Letterman " Stupid Pet Tricks" or some other inane top 10 list but thank you Pierno for some funny "food for thought". Maybe that should be a subset of food pickle?

Me
wssmom added almost 3 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Sex on the Beach? Especially since it is usually consumed far away from the beach and rarely leads to well, you know ...

Dsc00426
vvvanessa added almost 3 years ago

boulangere, i think you will be particulary mortified by this:
http://www.cupcakevodka...

Profile_pic
ALittleZaftig added almost 3 years ago

Two words: Meat Water.

OMG vvvanessa that's hysterical!

Sam1148 added almost 3 years ago

@Lorigoldsby. Shut yo mouth. (G). Yoo Hoo is pretty good, it's been around since the 50's. Supersweet chocolate milk (okay milk powder). In a shelf stable drink. (LOTS OF SUGAR THO).

Mix it with coffee and it's basically what you get from Starbucks for mocha.

I know people the military that mix it with vodka for black Russians, off duty in the dorms of course. (never tried that, or wanted that for myself tho).

amysarah added almost 3 years ago

Going to show my age here, but Yoohoo was a very popular drink in the 1960's (I think it was actually invented way before that, like the 20's or 30's.) ''

Back then, it was usually in bottle, with a very distinctive yellow graphic label...it was the kind of thing you'd occasionally get for a treat at summer camp, like if your team won a game of Capture the Flag or Red Rover. I even remember the Yogi Berra TV commercials for it. In those days, who cared what was in it? Now I feel ancient, but yeah....good times.

Does anyone else remember those little pull-tab cans of wine?

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added almost 3 years ago

CHAMPALE! If you are not familiar, it is a malt liquor that is supposed to taste like champagne!

dymnyno added almost 3 years ago

It is all relative. Can you imagine what the reaction would be if someone today launched a drink called COKE! With its' drug reference it would be banned...even though originally it did in fact have that ingredient in it.

Junechamp

hehehee Mountain Dew is in a green bottle for a good reason. It looks just like pee.

As for Frapaccino. Well,Starbucks inherited that. Frapaccinos were invented in Boston, at a chain of coffee houses that were called "The Coffee Connection." When Starbucks bought them out, they adopted the Frapaccino and ruined it. It WAS an Iced Coffee Shake. In Boston, milkshakes are called "Frappes." Get it?

@Sadassa: Champale? UGH. I remember that un-fondly.

TiggyBee added almost 3 years ago

On the bottom rung would be Ovaltine and the Slurpee.

Actually, I think "coke" in Coca-Cola is one of those urban legends. Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper have always tightly held their secret formulas. It's a southern thing. Mountain Dew however may have meth in it.

Scan0004
susan g added almost 3 years ago

No, no!! Ovaltine is sacred!

Scan0004
susan g added almost 3 years ago

Here's the "dope" on coke and Coke:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore...

In short, yes, it did; not drug-free until 1929.

Aimless added almost 3 years ago

7-11 has The Big Gulp. That name rates high on the dumb scale.