🔎

A question about a recipe: Sensory overload, AKA: homage to Eataly Bread

I have a question about the recipe "Sensory overload, AKA: homage to Eataly Bread" from TiggyBee. Want to make 2 loaves, one for meat lovers and one for vegetarians. What recommendations do you have for the meatless loaf?

L1060168
Buddhacat
Image

I think sauteed spinach would be great.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

Thanks, Drbabs. My question also is will I have to change measurments if I don't add meat?

TiggyBee added almost 3 years ago

Hi SKK, the bread is delicious plain as well. I've even made it with olives and it's turned out great! If you do add spinach, I would just be careful about moisture content. I'm by no means a bread expert, but I think the flour to water ratio is important to the process. Hope this helps and I hope you'll love the bread too!

Olives sound great. Given the season, not to mention the current contest, maybe some tender young ramps for color and flavor.

TiggyBee added almost 3 years ago

Yes!! Ramps (if you can find them) or some other onion-y flavor would be fantastic with the cheese!

Dsc00426
vvvanessa added almost 3 years ago

you could go kind of sicilian on it and add pinenuts and currants or raisins, which could work by themselves or with spinach. you shouldn't need to change any measurements if you aren't using meat, though if you do use spinach, i would be sure it is well cooked and very, very drained/dried/squeezed out before using it.

I think you'll be okay, SKK. Let the texture and feel of the dough be your guide. If you up the veg components, you may need to add a few tablespoons of flour. This seems a very forgiving formula.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

Thank you all!