🔎

What's the easiest way to remove a cake from a tube pan?

Amandahesser
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Voted the Best Answer!

316tpbam79l._sl500_aa300_ Cut around the outer edge of the cake to remove the outer pan. Then cut around the tube and base. Place a piece of parchment --with a hole cut in the center to fit over the tube -- on top of the cake. Invert the cake onto your hands, holding onto the parchment to support the cake (have someone help you with this). Then set the cake on a serving plate (or cake stand). Remove the tube, then pull the parchment from under the cake (you'll need to tear it a bit)

Lobster_001
nannydeb added over 3 years ago

I run a knife around the edges and center then invert it onto a plate. Take a moment to take a deep breath and say a little prayer (to whichever God you choose) and peak at it first. If it's not releasing, flip it back over and take the knife and slightly pull it away from the sides and invert it again. If parts of it stick, make an icing and cover it all up. No one will ever know! tee hee