Quick! Your favorite non-gross decaf teas that are actually made with tea!

asked by Sami almost 4 years ago

I like Stash decaf black chai tea. This would be a cozy nighttime treat with a little sugar and milk.

I like Twinings decaf English Breakfast and Earl Grey (except bergamot gives me leg cramps). They have a slightly richer flavor than the Stash equivalents.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Twinings.

What's next? Dericeified Rice? Green tea is pretty low caf to begin with. I like to begin my day with genmaicha, which is green tea with toasted brown rice. Lovely aroma. But could we just stop taking the good parts out of everything?

pierino: I totally agree-- except that even small amounts of caffeine have been setting off my panic attacks and keeping me from sleeping since I started grad school, and I needed someone to point out actual tea that doesn't taste like crud that's lacking in that stimulant!

Mlt_yogateau_1

Are you looking for a decaf version of some type of Builder's tea? I love PG Tips decaf. When I can't get my hands on that, I drink Barry's decaf, Typhoo decaf or Tetley's decaf (though this is a last resort tea as it's a tad toothless in the taste department.)

i love decaf layt gray, its my favorite. All the Twinings decaf teas are good. I also love Yogi teas decaf chai, its a real treat with milk and sugar.

Trader Joe's decaf Irish breakfast tea is the only decaf I've ever tried that has any flavor at all.

Scan0004

http://www.crazyfortea...
Check this link for a method of taking 80% of the caffeine out of any tea. In 30 - 45 seconds of brewing, caffeine is released. Pour this out and brew again to release the real flavor of tea. It's water-process decaf! In my experience, the flavor is good.
The article also helps choose a quality commercial decaf.

Good suggestion for water process decaf. My favorite herb tea is rooibus, favorite blend is Lady Myrtle from Simpson and Vail. They do a beautiful job of blending, Their assams are to die for. Great family run company.