🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Does anyone in food52 have Nathan Myhrvold's Modernist Cuisine?

A group of us are considering going in together to purchase a set. Reviews I have read are favorable, and I am also intrigued by Myhrvold's statement that soon things like sous vide machines will be as inexpensive as microwaves. Also love the pictures. Any comments from owners?

asked by SKK over 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Waiting for my copy of the set to arrive, but I did go to two talks given by N.M., when he was touring. I wouldn't think of it as a book that you'll cook out of necessarily, but there's a lot to learn from it. And while there's a fair amount of science in it, my impression is that it's all packaged in a beautiful, accessible and fun manner. I love the idea of a group sharing the book!

Buddhacat

Thank you, Amanda. We will go ahead and order.

Lulusleep

I got mine a few weeks ago. Love looking through the books and learning more about techniques. Haven't cooked from it yet but will be doing so soon.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Any chance that Dr. Myhrvold will be offering a set of those treasures for the food52 fanatics out here in a draw/raffle?

Dsc_0122.nef-1

On second thoughts.. Forget that I even suggested that. I'll be shedding tears of blood like a stressed out lab rat in disappointment if I lost out!

Santa got it for me! history, tech/equip, ingred/prep, animals and plants, plated dishes, recipes. I have a sous vide and some basic chemicals, but think i can only make 30% of the recipes. Searing with liquid nitro!

Me_in_munich_with_fish

We got one for "research." I'll be honest--we really haven't used it much--a few sauce recipes here and there. But it's gigantic and beautiful and endlessly fascinating.