🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Old Bay Aioli

051611f_631

OK, another question ... I made this for a cookout party this weekend and it was delicious! Only sort-of complaint was that it was very, very rich ("literally tastes like butter" was one comment). I am absolutely going to make it again for future guests/parties, but do you have a suggestion for lightening it up a bit? Thanks!

asked by petite cuisine over 3 years ago
Ozoz_profile

Having never used canola oil before, and having made a version of this aioli with grapeseed oil, I would tend to think....it might have been the canola!

To lighten up, I'd suggest water, or a touch more vinegar/lemon juice- the acid would cut through the fat, 'degreasing' the flavour as it were. My 2 cents

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I was going to make exactly the same suggestion as Kitchen Butterfly -- water or acid. You might want to look for another canola oil brand. Wondering if that had anything to do with it -- because, and I meant to mention this in the post, another reason I use canola instead of all-olive-oil is to lighten it up!

What should I look for in a canola oil? I'm not used to using it but trying to find a good, lighter replacement for olive oil anyway (I'm Italian - I use olive oil for everything!). This time I just used my supermarket store brand. Thanks to both of you!