🔎

Question about length of time to freeze vegetable bouillon

I have been making http://www.101cookbooks... vegetable bouillon recipe for awhile. How long will it keep in the freezer? I usually 1/2 the recipe. Thanks in advance for responses.

Buddhacat
Gator_cake

I would expect it to last months in an airtight container in the freezer.

Port2
nogaga added almost 3 years ago

If you seal it well (in a Tupperware or as cubes in baggies, this will last you at least for two months.

Sam1148 added almost 3 years ago

I freeze my stock in a loaf pan and then use a foodsaver. It lasts months that way. Air is what you don't want.

I recently started using ziplock bags after I found this technique. You fill with stock until almost to the top. Then lower the bag into a pot of water. The water pressure squeezes the bag..so there's no air pocket. You almost have to completely submerge the bag...right up to the 'ziplock' part...then ziplock and freeze.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

@sam1148 - you are so sous vide reversed! Love this.

innoabrd added almost 3 years ago

in a good cold freezer with no or minimal air contact, stock will keep for ages. I've held it for as long a a year. I also use a loaf pan, or, sometimes, muffin tins (if I think I might want just a bit of the stock or if I've really concentrated it). I use the ziplock sous vide bags. You buy the starter kit that comes with a pump and it works really well. Getting all the air out of the bag is the key to making it last a long time without freezer burn.