🔎

I have a bunch of dill. What should I do with it?

Shanlee
Merrill

Make a green sauce for fish or veggies: sour cream, a little mayo, horseradish, scallions, lemon juice and a whole lotta dill!

Canposter
Christina Ward added over 3 years ago

True Swedish Meatballs require a load of dill for the sauce.

amysarah added over 3 years ago

Autumn weather is finally here, so just yesterday I made one of my favorite things involving dill - a big pot of split pea soup (simmered with a smoked ham hock.) Another favorite for using a big bunch of dill is gravlax, plus the classic sweet dill/mustard sauce to serve with it.

I'm down with the "fish" recommendations. The flavor of dill goes very well with salmon; especially wild salmon. Salmon en papillote (baked in parchment), or sturgeon for that matter.

111_1_
The Internet Cooking Princess added over 3 years ago

You might like a yogurt and dill combination. I love making lamb kofte pitas with yogurt and dill sauce, but it also works for cold veggies too, a la Liz the Chef's recipe: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

allie added over 3 years ago

carrot dill soup or a green sauce with cucumber, dill, parsley & greek yogurt etc (salt generously).

Jon Palmer added over 3 years ago

I find the combination of dill and potatoes to be very satisfying.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Make lacto-fermented pickles! Lots of them!! Yummmmmmm. ;o)

Birthday_2012

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Stuffed Baked Potatoes from the Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen. Also a yeasted dill bread with milk and white flour is delicious. Can't remember where the recipe came from but just use a cottage loaf recipe and add a lot of chopped fresh dill. Makes an unbelievable egg salad sandwich. My favorite egg salad is in Nancy Silverton and Mark Peel's family cookbook (when they were still a family, :(