🔎

Any suggestion on what the simplest and tastiest celery soup recipe is? Thanks! X

Katrinamona

I love the clean flavor of celery soup. Think about this: in a soup pot sauté an onion in some olive oil with a pinch of salt. Wash, trim, and fine dice a head of celery. Add to the pan along with a couple of cloves of peeled, minced garlic. Sauté until celery softens and sheds some of its water. Add a quart of good chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook with the pot uncovered until it reaches a good flavor concentration. Start tasting it after about 45 minutes. If you have an immersion blender, this is a perfect use for it. Otherwise, pour your soup through a colander set over a large bowl. Transfer the vegetables to the food processor along with about a cup of the liquid. Purée until perfectly smooth, adding a bit of liquid if necessary. Return purée and liquid to the soup pot. Reheat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Maybe add the juice of half a lemon to really brighten the flavor. I hope this is what you're looking for.

Gator_cake

This recipe makes a delish cream of celery soup. It's good even without the condiments. http://www.myrecipes.com...