🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I made "quick and easy" brownies per http://allrecipes.com/Recipe...

30+ minutes in the oven, the center still feels like a mousse. Why didn't these set? I mixed them with an electric blender -- did I overbeat the eggs? Trying to figure out what went wrong....

asked by sundaisy145 about 4 years ago
Image

This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible you forgot to add the flour ? (something I've done......)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Often times brownies feel a little soft in the middle when you take them out, and then they firm up while cooling. I just looked at the recipe, and at the top of the page you linked, it says, "Takes 45 minutes to cook." If that's the case, it would be very odd if the center felt firm after only 30. ;o)

In response to Antonia, the recipe said "Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes in a 9 x 13 inch greased pan. "
Some people used one cup of four instead of two, but I would check with a toothpick at around twenty minutes and go from there. A lot depends on your oven temp., have you checked it?