🔕 🔔

Rainier Cherry Pickles

I want to pickle some Rainier cherries. I have found some good recipes but they are for refrigerator pickles. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can just can them in a hot water bath and let them sit on the shelf for awhile?

asked by KaleHog over 4 years ago

Hi Kalehog - I see you are in Seattle. My recommendation is to contact Brook Stephens http://www.learntopreserve... who is a master canner. She lives on Capitol Hill and I think I found her through Whole Foods. Go to her web-site and scroll down to the left and you can see how to contact her via email and ask the question.

Leena Eats has a canned pickled cherry recipe that looks stellar. I would give it a try - you can sub in different spices, keeping the ratio of vinegar and sugar the same.

I've made the cherry bombs recipe on "put up or shut up" a couple of times and they're very good (and keep for a long time).