FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

I want to make Amanda's Raspberry Swamp Pie but can't find Raspberries anywhere. Think blueberries might work?

asked by lgault over 3 years ago
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I think it would be delicious. I wouldn't change anything in the recipe either, assuming that the blueberries are not too sweet. (Some commercial varieties are. If picking your own, pick some that are a little underripe, to get some tartness, to balance the sweeter flavor the berries have when cooked.) If the berries are sweet raw, I'd probably reduce the amount of sugar. ;o)

Sunshine-small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Amanda herself says somewhere -- either on the blog post or the recipe -- that it would work with all sorts of fruit... blueberries, peaches, etc. So give it a try -- you should be fine.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Someone made it with a mix of peaches and raspberries and it worked well. I think all peach would be great, as would blueberries. If you happen to have access to blackberries, they should work, too. Let us know how it goes!

I made the pie yesterday with peaches and raspberries and loved it. The only change I made was to increase the flour from 1T to 2T because my peaches were really ripe and juicy. It's my new favorite pie, thanks to Amanda! Can't wait to try it with blueberries and a mixture of apricots and blackberries.