A question about a recipe: Raspberry-Coconut Custard Pie

I have a question about the recipe "Raspberry-Coconut Custard Pie" from lapadia. Do you use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut. I have both, and want to make sure this comes out perfectly!

asked about 3 years ago
Massimo's_deck_reflection_10_27_13

Hi HLA, Sweetened shredded coconut. I have made this pie for many years, and I have also used Marie Calendar's frozen pie shell (not pictured)...actually, I like it better for this pie. Also, if I don't have coconut milk and am too lazy to drive to a store that has it (I live in the country) I have used a mixture of cream and milk 50/50, the shredded coconut will still give it the taste you are looking for...just other FYI facts, and you will get the same results! :)

Massimo's_deck_reflection_10_27_13

oops...just repeated my self towards the end :) :)

Gator_cake

Thanks, lapadia. I think I'll experiment with the crust and sub coconut flour for some of the AP flour in the CI foolproof pie dough recipe and see how that goes. I'll most likely blind bake it as well, since that's how I roll!

Gator_cake

Plus I'll probably use full fat coconut milk if you're okay with that.

Massimo's_deck_reflection_10_27_13

Yum!!! Sounds wonderful to me! Will have to use full fat coconut milk next time :)

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet