🔎

• 5

• 2580

• See other questions tagged:
    • Hotdog

Ideas for an Irish HotDog?

Any ideas for an Irish Hot Dog (take off of an Italian HotDog (potatoes/peppers) )
Anyone ever see one on a menu?

Img__631-1_(1)
thirschfeld added almost 3 years ago

Potato bread buns and top braised cabbage, or sort of bangers and mash, make a red wine rosemary ketchup, Guinness ketchup or braise the dogs in Guinness

amysarah added almost 3 years ago

Not unusual to cook hot dogs in beer - and I think I've seen bratwurst done in dark German beer, so perhaps you could do hot dogs/sausages in Guinness? (I've used it for beef stew/carbonnade and the flavor worked well.) I'd test it out before serving it to anyone though.

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Would an Irish soda bread type bun be too crazy? That might be gross. Thirschfield's potato bun idea is great, and definitely put braised cabbage on top, or maybe even a colcannon like mixture of cabbage and creamy potatoes on top. Sprinkled with some good Irish cheddar? Or maybe cheddar in the bun?

As an afficinado of the hot dog I really like Thirschfeld's suggestion for potato buns. I'm thinking along the lines of an Irish Breakfast dog wrapped in bacon, and maybe topped with potatoes O'Brian (chopped). You might even slip a fried egg in there.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added almost 3 years ago

I bet you could make a really good reduction sauce out of Guinness to pour over it all. Fiveandspice's idea for a colcannon potato mixture would be a must.