🔎

• 11

• 1075

Just got a Dutch oven and looking for inspiration.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 2 years ago

Congrats on your new purchase. Short Ribs and Beef Stew come to my mind whenever I see my dutch oven.

3-bizcard

Pot roast, slow cooked pork roast...

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Shredded beef tacos - http://www.asweetpeachef...

Here is a great recipe to break in your dutch oven.

KingKelsey added over 2 years ago

Mmmm bake up some mac and cheese. It's perfect for anything you want to make crispy and brown then finish up in the oven. You can do so much! I use mine all the time.

Image
ImprovCuisine added over 2 years ago

Beef Bourguignon or spiced braised lamb.

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870
Helen's All Night Diner added over 2 years ago

I love a good pork chile verde...

Junechamp

Boeuf Bourguignon was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title.

Wholefoods_user_icon

Chef Michael Kiss is the Cooking Coach at Whole Foods Market in Rockville, Md.

Aww Man! I love a Dutch Oven! Break that bad boy out on the grill. If I smoke some BBQ i put a big Dutchie of baked beans right under the meat and let the dripping rock the world.

They make the best stove top deep fryer, homemade doughnuts?
enjoy and don't forget to take it camping. that's where they truely excell. place them on hot coals and heap the coals up around the pot. we even put some coals on the lid. the interior liteally becomes an oven. a roasted chicken in a dutch oven on a campfire will make you complete!

Debbykalk-photo
latoscana added over 2 years ago

Slow cook sliced onions in butter forever and allow your imagination to take over when you finally have magical caramelized onions: French onion soup, caramelized onion spread or dip, onion quiche or frittata. Many options on this site: http://www.food52.com/recipes....

Sara_clevering
sarabclever added over 2 years ago

I make huge batches of bolognese sauce, slowly simmered for as long as I can manage that day. It's amazing to watch the texture of the ground meat change as it bubbles lazily along. It freezes great too.

Photo-1
Meatballs&Milkshakes added over 2 years ago

My dutch oven is my favorite thing in the kitchen. It just makes meat come out right every time. I also do the bolognese, short ribs, and pot roast people have mentioned, but I would add duck ragu ( a favorite of mine-- my recipe is on my blog http://meatballsandmilkshakes...) or any sort of meat sauce for pasta. Coq au vin is always a classic, I try to stick to Julia Child's recipe for it. Also, I've been looking forward to trying a pork shoulder for some sort of mexican food- maybe tacos or enchiladas. I'll probably try it after this heat wave ends, don't want the oven on for hours right now!