🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Cardamom Sorbet

Chocolate_cardamom_sorbet_dark_picniked

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Cardamom Sorbet" from ChezSuzanne. I was happy to see this recipe and that it can be made without an ice cream maker. I realize that this may be just against the point of the recipe, however... is there anything that you would suggest using in place of the cardamom? Ginger? Cinnamon? ... a mixture of ???

Thanks!

asked by bella s.f. over 3 years ago
Me

Hi bella s.f.! Thanks for your question. I've made it without any spices at all and it's been wonderful. I would think either ginger or cinnamon would work, but haven't tried it I confess. I'd love to hear what you go with and how it turns out. I do suggest, however, adding the strained apricot - it really brings up the natural fruit tones of the chocolate. And on the ice cream maker, sorry for the confusion, but I used an ice cream maker and then put it in the freezer over night to get the best texture results. I imagine you could just freeze it, stirring it every hour or so and then freeze overnight. Stir again in the morning and see what happens. I don't think you can go too far wrong with this.

Thanks ChezSuzanne for your reply. When we finish the Double Rainbow Chocolate sorbet that is in our freezer, I will try your recipe. I'll let you know when we do. I am looking forward to making it.

Me

Great! I'd love to hear back how it goes for you and what spices you end up with in the sorbet!