Q: Do kale chips store well? I usually eat them right away, but I'd like to make a big batch for the weekend.

asked by @FoodDocent almost 4 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

I think if you dry them really well before roasting (assuming you're roasting them) so that they come out very dry and crackly, as long as it's not terribly humid they'd keep well tightly sealed at room temp for a few days.

Dscf2141

As someone who has stored them improperly, I can say that drying them very well is key. i would also say that I have the best results when stored in a brown paper bag (but would suggest finishing them in a couple of days tops. Not that hard to finish them.

They never last long enough to store in my house - lol

The drier they are before you roast them is key! I use a salad spinner to really get the water off the leaves I store them in a paper bag. They never last more than a day or two though!

Store them in a ziplock bag with a Tbsp or 2 or uncooked rice. Rice is natures dehumidifier. Also keeps salt from getting lumpy in the shaker lol.

I dehydrated my kale chips then stored them in a mason jar sealed with a vacuum sealer. They stayed good for the two weeks they lasted.