A question about a recipe: Cold Corn Soup with Basil-Chili Oil

072709f_0173

I have a question about the recipe "Cold Corn Soup with Basil-Chili Oil" from merrill.
Do you puree the bacon ? Or use it with some corn kernels for garnish ?
Thanks

asked by Leburk about 3 years ago
Lorigoldsby

I would remove the bacon once it was crispy, drain and set aside. You use the bacon drippings to cook the Onion and corn kernels...if you left it in until the onion was cooked, it would be burnt. I would add it as a topping when serving, as I do not like cold bacon but the recipe author may have other ideas?

Lorigoldsby

Merrill

I puree it with the rest of soup ingredients,but saving it for garnsh is a nice idea!

Thanks, I think I will puree some and save some for garnish...best of both worlds..

Lorigoldsby

That's what is great about foodpickle...you usually get several different answers and get to try the one you want!