🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Tender, moist Meatloaf?

What will keep it tender? Type of ground beef, type of breadcrumbs, milk, water, cooking time ???

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 3 years ago
Image

You need meat that's at least 20% fat, sauteed aromatics such as onions and garlic, and a minimal amount of breadcrumbs. Don't overmix it--mix it just till everything is blended together. And bake it at a fairly low temperature (around 325) till the internal temperature is 155-160--which could take almost an hour--but that way the meatloaf won't be dry. Here are the Food52 meatloaf recipes: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

(I highly recommend the blackberry barbecue sauce.)

Wholefoods_user_icon

I will try Oscar Night and Mom's Meatloaf, first. the more traditional the better. thanks!

One trick I've been using. And it's a keeper. Is Cooks Illustrated tip of adding a 1/2 tsp of unflavored gelatin to 1/2 cup of stock..and let it bloom a bit.
Add that to the bread crumb mix
If you aren't using higher fat pork in the meat mix..and using an all beef meatloaf.
The gelatin replaces and holds the moisture in you'd get from the pork/veal additions.
http://whatdidyoueat.typepad...

I've always added a half cup or so of sour cream and an egg, along with the breadcrumbs and sautéed onions.