🔎

• 7

• 1187

A question about a recipe: Winter Spring Summer Fall Chicken Mousse

I have a question about the recipe "Winter Spring Summer Fall Chicken Mousse" from boulangere.
I would like to know where you purchased the container. I am going to make this recipe. You do eat with your eyes first and this is a beautiful presentation.

032911f_570
Chris_in_oslo

It's a German egg coddling cup. Food52's promised us to locate a source. If you look around the site, you'll find them featured in photographs of many diverse recipes.

Chanteclar added over 2 years ago

I have found a source in England. They are Jenaar Al Wagenfeld, Egg Coddler #1. I assume they were sold for more than one egg.#1 holds 2.2 oz.
Site I found said you could go to: enquirer@cook paraphernalia.co.uk. £17+.
Another souce said that the company was divesting of their Household Glass Division.
I had a Williamssonoma #, but it is no longer available. The Europeans have such a sense of style. I will check with Anchor or Corning.
Chanteclar

Chris_in_oslo

I believe that production ended at one point and then was picked up again, sort of like the beloved Picardie tumblers. They are pretty available in Britain and Germany, but a lot of us would celebrate a US source.

Chanteclar added over 2 years ago

Thank you. I believe you are right, I found a source for 3 sizes at Divertimenti in the U.K.
Also located at Amazon.co.uk. They are considered Bauhaus in design, originally 1930's.
Chanteclar

I have good luck finding Picardie tumblers at Cost Plus World Market. I sure wish they carried these, too.

everblessed added over 2 years ago

I found an Australian company selling glass coddlers a lot less expensive than others and they're on sale right now. Waiting to hear back how much shipping is...

http://www.alfrescoemporium...

Great news! Thanks for sharing the link. I'd love to know what shipping is, too.