Thawing frozen pie dough

I have made a double batch of pie dough, half of which is wrapped in plastic in my freezer. What is the best way to defrost this dough so I may roll it out and enjoy some delicious pie?

asked by chelswa21 almost 3 years ago

I'm waiting for an answer,too. Mine always goes grey!

036

I am not one of the pro bakers around here - but I would defrost it in the fridge since it needs to be chilled when you roll it. 'Course that means you need to plan a day ahead ....

I usually defrost it in the fridge, but in a pinch, I've defrosted on the kitchen counter to speed up the process and it's been fine. Keep it wrapped in plastic til you're ready to use.

Wholefoods_user_icon

If you've frozen it in that inch thick disk (or worse, the ball) that I always tend to, it takes a couple of days in the fridge to unfreeze it. After that, I still like it on the counter for a couple of hours to make it easy to roll out. What you DON'T want , though, is for any of your butter to melt. Which means no hurrying it up in the microwave (I've tried, oh how I've tried and it never works).

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet