🔎

• 6

• 6769

Can you freeze almond milk?

Caught a sale at Whole Foods and ended up with 2 half gallons of unsweetened almond milk for $4. Great for smoothies, but even a smoothie a day will take a while to get through a 1/2 gallon. Can I freeze one for later?

Sunflower_profile
With_ab
JessicaBakes added over 2 years ago

I have found that smoothies freeze okay, but I don't really like how almond milk freezes as I find it gets a bit too watery and separates a bit. I'd recommend making your smoothies (individually, otherwise you'll be stuck with one massive smoothie) and defrosting for maybe an hour (depending on how icy you like them) before consuming. Enjoy!

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

You could also use it for pancakes or soup...

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added over 2 years ago

Freeze it in ice cube trays and then you can blend it into smoothies instead of ice, or thaw it out for baking. This way, the fat ends up distributed more evenly instead of separating as it freezes. I've found that 4 ice cubes thaw out to about 1/4 cup. I do this for coconut milk too and it works great.

With_ab
JessicaBakes added over 2 years ago

What a great suggestion, syronai!

Sunflower_profile
Burnt Offerings added over 2 years ago

Syronai - that is an awesome suggestion! I'll try that. I'm also going to try making chai tea with it instead of regular milk, and Droplet - yes, I think there are some pumpkin pancakes with almond milk in our near future!

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

http://www.gourmet.com...