Is there a place to vote for Foodpickle as a heading?

Am loving the new site. I miss the term Foodpickle a lot. I have volunteered for Hotlines that had nothing to do with food and the term does not bring to mind positive connotations; it does bring to mind life and death. Can we have Foodpickle back?

asked by SKK almost 3 years ago

Yes, please! But I have a feeling that ship has sailed.

I'll take several size small, please.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2

I also would like the Foodpickle title back. I work in health care and Hotline sounds like my on-call work. Not something I want to do for fun.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

I'd vote to bring the name Foodpickle back, too. I understand why they'd want to change it to Hotline (it is more clearly what it's about), but everyone also understands what a pickle is in the context of problems. Foodpickle was making a name for itself! It also has the added "what's this? I'm going to click on it" benefit. So far, though, that's really the only thing I'm missing in the midst of a lot of cool design changes.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Pickle_power Exactly! Hotline sounds soooooo generic. And I had the pickle tshirts made and EVERYTHING! haha. jk. we got that at last yrs Pickle Fest. BTW, that's my son James before his haircut last summer. Long live the Magic Pickle! Or not.

Scan0004

Love your son, love his shirt. Reminds me of my boys and their hair evolutions.

When I first lurked on the site. I didn't realize "Foodpickle " was the forum.
While I know old timers here know and like the name...I just don't think it's accessible to the masses visiting the site.

I'm not sure if "Hotline" is much better tho...as I first thought that would connect me to live chat..like the 'butterball hotline"; because to me A "Hotline" is one to one..real time chat advice.

Prehaps the normal website name of "Forum" would better as a description. Not clever or unique, but gets the message across for the casual user that visits the site.

Seriously cute little guy, mrslarkin!

Cakes

I am in the Bring Back the Foodpickle camp. Hotline has a non-food connotation to it.

I have to agree . . . . I understand that change is good and all, but my immediate reaction to seeing that Hotline had replaced FoodPickle was wanting to request that it be changed back! Happy to see that someone started this thread :)

Flower-bee

or "Salty Sweet Helpings"......

3-bizcard

I loved "food pickle" it was innovative, quirky and really caught your attention. But I also like hotline, I don't think that hotline necessarily brings to mind a medical or serious personal connotation. I think that a hotline can be for any situation where an answer is needed, sometimes urgently. I think about the cooks asking a question that are in the middle of making a recipe and they mark their question urgent. A food hotline, imho say's it all. I would be just as happy seeing it go back to being "pickle" but have no problem with it as it is and think that hotline is appropriate. Thats just my opinion.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I'm jumping onto the 'bring the foodpickle back' bandwagon.. hotline sounds sooo... common! foodpickle was such a food52 entrenched term..

Maybe this should be a Food52 contest: FoodPickle or Hotline? Majority votes win . . . .

Dsc00426

i'm pro-foodpickle for pretty much all the reasons that have been laid out already.

Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Hi everyone -- we loved the name Foodpickle too (and still accidentally say it all the time!), but here's why we changed the name: As Sam1148 said, new visitors to the site had no idea what Foodpickle was (and how much it could help them out). Also, every time A&M were in a meeting trying to explain Foodpickle, they 'd get blank stares until they finally said "It's like a hotline to a whole community." We'll all miss the Pickle, but we hope you all understand why we had to open up its charms to the uninitiated.