🔔
🔎

If I don't have pastry flour, may I use another type or should I go pick some up?

Butternut_cider_doughnuts_72_dpi

I have a question about the ingredient "whole wheat pastry flour" on the recipe "Butternut Squash & Cider Doughnuts" from artandlemons.

asked by Hunksee about 3 years ago
With_ab

you could mix cake flour and AP flour if you have those on hand...that would create the best result without pastry flour. otherwise, you will definitely have a tougher texture (but the flavor should be mostly the same)

You should be able to substitute all-purpose flour for the whole wheat pastry flour 1:1. If the dough still feels sticky after you mix the wet and dry ingredients together, add up to 1/4 cup more a-p flour.

sorry about the multiple post responses. there seems to be a glitch in the site and I can't delete them...