🔔
🔎

Has anyone frozen homemade panna cotta? How did you wrap it? How did it do? Thanks!

asked by bella s.f. almost 3 years ago
Noz_photo

I'm curious to hear what happened if you did it! Because panna cotta is set with gelatin, it's generally not a good idea to freeze it -- the liquids will separate during freezing and won't defrost properly.

Hi, Nozlee. After hearing from a couple of people that it wasn't advisable to freeze the panna cotta, I didn't want to take the chance of ruining something so yummy. We were forced, oh Mon Dieu!, to eat them all. I want to try and cut the recipe down so that we are not "forced" to eat all of them ourselves. Since the recipe calls for one envelope of gelatin, I could try to divide it in half, or see if I can purchase gelatin somewhere where it is sold in bulk. It just seems that it would be difficult to divide something that already weighs next to nothing in half.

I accidentally made some tonight as I stuck one ramekin in the freezer to solidify quickly and removed it maybe after an hour or so? It was delicious, not solid, but soft in the center and hard along the sides. Not sure I'd freeze it solid or try to defrost.