I would like to prepare a manicotti dish, refrigerate and cook the next evening. The recipe calls for uncooked manicotti shells. Can I stuff the shells, pour the sauce and refrigerate, and cook the next day? Or should I go ahead and cook then reheat the next day?

asked by eftek over 3 years ago

I would cook and reheat. That kind of dish reheats well. you might like to have extra seasoned thickened sauce on the side in case it comes out a little dry.

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_

Parcook the noodles so that when you reheat the dish in the oven they will cook fully. Try cooking them in boiling water for about 7 minutes they will should be stiff, but stuffable. Consider making the sauce a bit wetter, because the pasta will soak up the excess when reheating.

This type of process works with lasagna. If it were for my immediate family I would give it a try without testing. My husband would give a far critique and if not perfect but edible we would still have a reasonable meal. But if this is for company or to make an impression I would test the recipe.

Desert

I agree with nutcakes- I would add though not to cook to point of being finished go for more of a par finish on the dish-Then let the browning happen the second go around. You should be fine. I'm sure you will here someone say fresh is best, but I understand situations like this need a corner cut now and again. Good luck!

I do this all the time. They come out fine. They even come out fine if you freeze them stuffed and covered with sauce before cooking. So make extra and freeze them for an easy dinner another night!

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet