🔎

A question about a recipe: Rosti with Gravlax, Caper Berries and Horsradish Cream

I have a question about the recipe "Rosti with Gravlax, Caper Berries and Horsradish Cream" from thirschfeld. Whenever I shred potatoes for pancakes, they always turn ugly brown ...and for parties, I can't shred right at the last minute...what do you do?

Rosti_with_salmon
Black_picture_small
two-foodies-we-r added over 2 years ago

Just use tap water. Cut potatoes, submerge in water and place in fridge till ready to use. They will stay bright and not turn brown or gray.

Img__631-1_(1)
thirschfeld added over 2 years ago

If you want to do them in advance shore them in water or you could bake potatoes the day before, cool them in the fridge then peel and grate. If you bake the potatoes it makes for a very tender rosti

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added over 2 years ago

Shred them into water with some lemon/lime juice added. it slows down oxidation.

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added over 2 years ago

In recipes including onions (not this), alternate grating potatoes and onions. That helps too. Squeeze well in a kitchen towel to remove liquid.