Sugar Beet

Our son brought us a large sugar beet, but I don't know what to do with it. I know it is a source of granulated sugar, but are there other ways to use it?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 3 years ago
C8d0fb81-32c9-4937-82ed-fbb6792b65a0.miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

To really get to know it, I would just prepare it simply and taste and season as you go -- try roasting it like you would with other beets, or sauteeing it, or even mashing it like potatoes. Let us know how you like it!

Eb515e78-7387-4e72-b91d-acfa26b55b99.default-full

There are a few second world war recipes from times of rationing that call for it, my mum sometimes picks them up, she makes a chutney with them... I'm afraid I don't have any recipes to help you out, but it might be a place to start googling for one!