🔕 🔔

Does anyone have a good pineapple upside down cake recipe?

asked by NWB about 5 years ago

I have made this pineapple upside down cake with success a few times. It does not have an outrageous number of ingredients and the procedure is not very intensive.

Congratulations on your win NWB!

I have use a really good one from NY Magazine. It is on the website in the recipes section. It is an peach upside down cake from Karen DeMasco of Craft. I use apricot or pineapple when I feel like it. It is a bit of upscale cake and you do make a little caramel for the bottom. Still easy.

Oh, and I don't mind using canned fruit out of season for this.

Here's a recipe for the batter: http://kayatthekeyboard.... To make the topping, I just mix brown sugar (about a half cup) with about 1/4 cup melted butter and about 1/2 cup chopped peacans (optional) and sprinkle in the bottom of the pan; top with the pineapple (if I'm using sliced, I'll add a maraschino cherry in the center of each). I use this with all kinds of fruit; it's wonderful with halved fresh figs.

i just made this (halved the sugar) and used pineapple rings (canned in their own juice only). also, i reduced the amount of juice i added.

I made Abra Bennett's from this site and it is fabulousL

Thank you for posting this question, now I want to make Abra's mother's cake!

I have a "healthier" version of a peach upside down cake on my blog which can easily be switched out for pineapples! This recipe is currently in vegan mode but the soy products can easily be switched out for any unsalted butter/regular milk
Instead of doing it in a skillet I also used a springform pan which made it a lot easier to transport/get out

Thanks! I searched for pineapple on food52 but I guess I didn't look far enough into the results. I'm going to try Abra's.