🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise

Food52_11-01-11-5791

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise" from merrill. It says:

What temperature do I bake this pie at? After it is all filled, does it go in at the temperature that the crust was baked at?

asked by babs1652 about 3 years ago
3-bizcard

I see that there is no oven temp listed for baking the pie, I am sure Merrill will weigh in but I always bake a pecan pie at 350. 400 seems too high to me.

Imagesca1rwz7p

Thank you so much for replying so quickly! I was just about to put it in the oven and didn't know what temperature to use. It's such a beautiful looking pie, I didn't want to risk ruining it. Thanks again!

3-bizcard

Let us know how it comes out. Sounds delicious

3-bizcard

I just read through the recipe in step 5 it say's to toast the pecans at 325, then it says to pour the filling in and bake the pie. I think that she might mean that you are supposed to bake at 325. It's a bit confusing but maybe 325 is the baking temp, Sorry for the confusion. I always make pecan pie at 350 but it could be that this recipe does it at 325.

Merrill

Yes, it continues to bake at 325, not 400!