🔔
🔎

Holiday treats for our four-legged friends?

This is probably NOT the place for this, but I was thinking of trying my hand at home made dog treats to gift for the holidays/spoil my own pups with. Does anyone have any good recipes or know where I should look? This is an instance where google seriously fails.

asked by enbe almost 3 years ago
Farmer's_market

Martha Stewart has a recipe for homemade dog biscuits: http://www.marthastewart....

Beaune_02_april_08_063

Excellent :) Thank you.

Lorigoldsby

For our horses, I made "Nicker Bars" molasses, whole oat with shredded carrots. Just dumped in oats, and molasses and flax seed, shredded the entire carrot ( including the green tops) bake on parchment paper. Low at 250 for 20 min.

3-bizcard

Lucky horses, sounds good!

Beaune_02_april_08_063

I only wish I had horses to ask this question for! I rode for years but now have nowhere to do so. I miss it.

Farmer's_market

I've never met a dog who didn't like peanut butter. My pooch has Lupus, so I have to give him meds every day - he eats them out of my hand, as long as they're encased in PB. (Of course, he's a Lab, so not particularly discriminating in his food-related enthusiasms.) At the end of her life, our last dog suddenly became finicky about what she'd eat; again, peanut butter was the preferred (only) med delivery system. Clearly, dogs love the stuff.

3-bizcard

You are so right about the PB, they do love it. Lupus, hope he/she is alright. PB is the best med delivery system.