YEAR-ROUND LOVE. GIVE MOM A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING. SHOP NOW »

Black Friday

How was your holiday? Can't say mine went off entirely without a hitch. I was responsible for cook one of three 16 lb birds in the community kitchen. One of my high strung neighbors took it upon herself to stick in the oven early because Ms Buttinski didn't think it would be ready on time. Hey, don't mess with my food. I know what I'm doing. Then while I was out of the kitchen again she took it out of the oven early because she there was too much smoke and I was going to burn the place down. Let's say the F word was flying around and I had the image in my head of the cop at UC Davis with industrial strength pepper spray. In the end, despite her best efforts to ruin it, it came out quite well.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Wow, pierino, sounds like an adventure. Ours was great but also didn't go off without a hitch. Our new place has a very temperamental oven and my apple pie (which I can make in my sleep) slightly burned--still tasted good though--and the crust for the pumpkin pie shrunk a little when I blind baked it. I was really missing my old kitchen--electric stovetop and all! My husband's stuffing was icky (don't tell him I said that) and I'm hoping we can do dressing outside the bird next year. Everything else was great and most important, we were with family whom we don't see very much and all had a good time.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

No matter how hard I try to organize I always struggle with the last minute prep to get everything on the table. I ruined one sheet of rolls over baking them but I planned on chucking them anyway as I didn't oil the plastic well enough in the 2nd rise and it stuck to them deflating the rolls, they looked more like overdone pita. Other than that minor disaster it went very well the food was good, everyone enjoyed themselves and we all had a lot to be thankful for.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

We are alive and well here!

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Pierino....you must do what I do and tell everyone : DON'T MESS WITH THE COOK!!!

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

I love that statemnt" DONT MESS WITH DA COOK!