🔎

Black Friday

How was your holiday? Can't say mine went off entirely without a hitch. I was responsible for cook one of three 16 lb birds in the community kitchen. One of my high strung neighbors took it upon herself to stick in the oven early because Ms Buttinski didn't think it would be ready on time. Hey, don't mess with my food. I know what I'm doing. Then while I was out of the kitchen again she took it out of the oven early because she there was too much smoke and I was going to burn the place down. Let's say the F word was flying around and I had the image in my head of the cop at UC Davis with industrial strength pepper spray. In the end, despite her best efforts to ruin it, it came out quite well.

Image

Wow, pierino, sounds like an adventure. Ours was great but also didn't go off without a hitch. Our new place has a very temperamental oven and my apple pie (which I can make in my sleep) slightly burned--still tasted good though--and the crust for the pumpkin pie shrunk a little when I blind baked it. I was really missing my old kitchen--electric stovetop and all! My husband's stuffing was icky (don't tell him I said that) and I'm hoping we can do dressing outside the bird next year. Everything else was great and most important, we were with family whom we don't see very much and all had a good time.

3-bizcard

No matter how hard I try to organize I always struggle with the last minute prep to get everything on the table. I ruined one sheet of rolls over baking them but I planned on chucking them anyway as I didn't oil the plastic well enough in the 2nd rise and it stuck to them deflating the rolls, they looked more like overdone pita. Other than that minor disaster it went very well the food was good, everyone enjoyed themselves and we all had a lot to be thankful for.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

We are alive and well here!

inpatskitchen added over 2 years ago

Pierino....you must do what I do and tell everyone : DON'T MESS WITH THE COOK!!!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added over 2 years ago

I love that statemnt" DONT MESS WITH DA COOK!