If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a savory tart with a gluten free crust made from brown rice. Broccoli and caramelized brown onions make up the filling, but this can be adapted seasonally. - themuffinmyth
Brown Rice Crust
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Grease a shallow tart pan (1.5 inches deep, 10 inches in diameter). Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together rice, egg, and cheese.
- With clean wet hands, press rice mixture into prepared tart shell, spreading evenly along the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake crust for 15 min. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- medium red onion, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sautee onions until softened and slightly brown.
- Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces. Toss in skillet with onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broccoli mixture into cooled tart shell, distributing evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Pour egg custard over broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle tart with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 F / 200 C for 20 - 30 min, until cheese has browned and egg custard has set. Cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
As the Romans "Stew"
A rustic mix of seasonal vegetables
An Italian Spring Stew.
DIY Moss Tabletop Garden
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Eat Bagels for Lunch