If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make almost all of my soups with vegetable stock, but this one works really well with water. The spices are so intense that you don't need the richness of stock. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 ground cinnamon
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen cauliflower, defrosted
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (use orange cheddar for color, if possible)
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and then saute the onion for a few minutes, till softening. Add the garlic, celery, carrot, salt and spices. Saute for about 5 minutes, mixing frequently, until the vegetables are soft and letting off wonderful aromas.
- Add the cauliflower and potato to the pot. Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 45 minutes and then puree with an immersion blender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with cheddar.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.