Author Notes: I make almost all of my soups with vegetable stock, but this one works really well with water. The spices are so intense that you don't need the richness of stock. - Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 ground cinnamon
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen cauliflower, defrosted
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (use orange cheddar for color, if possible)
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and then saute the onion for a few minutes, till softening. Add the garlic, celery, carrot, salt and spices. Saute for about 5 minutes, mixing frequently, until the vegetables are soft and letting off wonderful aromas.
- Add the cauliflower and potato to the pot. Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 45 minutes and then puree with an immersion blender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with cheddar.