If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this tart came from the bounty of colorful veggies in my garden and the ingredients on hand in my fridge. The cool thing about this recipe is you make the filling and top it with whatever veggies you have on hand. —Cheryl Warth
Serves 8 as a side or 4 as a main course.
- 2 tomatoes (large or equivalent)
- 3 small squash (same or a variety)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 - 2 onions (red, white or both)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup parmessan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- pie crust
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsely, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmessan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place a cooling rack over a rimmed cookie sheet. Slice all veggies into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place on cooling rack and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. This will release some of the water in the veggies. Pat veggies dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix together; Ricotta, parmessan, eggs, salt & pepper, minched garlic and basil. Spread mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Top the filling with the veggies. Starting with the larger slices and closest to the rim of the pie plate alternate and slightly overlap the veggies going around in a circle. End with the smaller slices in the center.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs, parmessan, parsely and olive oil. Sprinkle over the top of the veggies.
- Place pie plate on a cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, until veggies are soft and slightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.