If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a New England gal who calls California home, no summer visit back to Rhode Island is considered complete until I've gotten my lobster fix. Preferably enjoyed at a seaside shack after a day at the beach--no frills steamed lobster served with butter that drips down my chin, which is still salty from playing in the waves. The kind of meal that requires a good hosing down when you are done. Occasionally, my family gets the lobsters to go and prepares them at home. In which case, I always insist on a few extra for lobster salad the next day. This recipe puts a Californian twist on my RI roots. —Ms. T
Serves 4 as a first course or light lunch
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small limes, zested and juiced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3/4 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized chunks and chilled
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and finely diced
- 1 cup fresh ripe mango fruit, diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned and torn into pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and removed from skin
- 2 tangerines or 1 orange, peeled, sectioned (membranes removed, if you want to be fussy). Reserve 1 tsp zest for dressing.
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tangerine or orange zest
- Splash mango or orange juice
- Dijon mustard
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lime zest and juice, cayenne pepper, chives and tarragon in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in lobster, fennel and mango. Taste and season with more salt.
- Whisk together ingredients for salad dressing and toss with lettuce to coat.
- To serve, divide salad greens among 4 plates. Place an avocado half in the center of each plate and top avocado with lobster salad. Arrange clementine sections on top of greens, around the avocado. Garnish lobster salad with chives and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.