Author Notes: We live in LA, and we went to Ojai, California for the weekend to get away. Ojai is a beautiful valley with tons of citrus groves, as well as walnuts and other crops. We bought a lovely box of squash blossoms from the farmer's market and some walnut oil from a local grower. This recipe is the delicious result. The sweetness of the raisins and squash blossoms pairs beautifully with a high quality walnut oil. - clintonhillbilly
- 12 squash blossoms
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- salt to taste
- Mix together the mozzarella, raisins, sundried tomatoes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a cookie sheet with a thin film of olive oil.
- Stuff the squash blossoms with the mozzarella - sundried tomato - raisin mixture, twist the ends and tuck them under, placing them on cookie sheet.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes, then drizzle with walnut oil and salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe