If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't know why I like pizza so much.I spent about 6 months eating pizza nearly every day for lunch. My office was located right on the water in NJ, facing the NYC skyline. Sounds great, but there was no where to go for lunch! We went to the Pizza Club about 4 times a week. Sometimes I got a salad. Sometimes I got a meatball sub. But most of the time, pizza was my choice. There is nothing like NY style pizza. Skinny Fat Kid obviously won't eat NY style pizza or nearly any kid of pizza for that matter. The carb-filled crust and the greasy cheese will kill him. Literally. He may not make it. At least that's how he acts every time I suggest we order pizza.
Our local pizzeria has a great whole wheat crust. And by local, I mean there are about 20 pizza places in our small mile-square city. Just means they have to make an awesome pizza and dough to stay in business!
Makes 1 large pie
- 1 pound hot turkey sausage
- 1/2 small red onion
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cups part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesean cheese
- 1 large whole wheat pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brown sausage in skillet until cooked through. Add in red onion and arugula.
- Spread crust with 1/2 cup of the ricotta. Top with sausage and arugula mixture.
- Drop with remaining ricotta and sprinkle with parm. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until crust is cooked.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta