If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pancake base has been a family favorite for years. We typically dress them with banana slices or blueberries grown on our farm, but they would be delicious topped with your favorite pancake companion. —1840 Farm
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces plain whole milk yogurt
- 15 ounces skim millk
- 1 ounce apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pancake add in (blueberries, bananas, etc.)
- maple syrup
- Lightly coat a griddle or cast iron skillet with a neutral tasting oil like safflower or canola. Heat griddle or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Beat eggs in a medium bowl before adding yogurt, milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add the prepared liquid ingredients. Gently whisk until the mixture is well combined and no lumps appear.
- Add batter to griddle or skillet using ladle. Allow bubbles to appear throughout the pancake before adding your chosen pancake add in. Turn pancake and cook on second side until lightly browned.
- Top pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.