If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Following the course of the CharcutePalooza year long challenge, I tried this fantastic sauerkraut recipe. So perfect on Reuben sandwiches. —The Whiskey Chicken
- 17 cups water
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer until dissolved. Cool, then chill.
- Combine cabbage, brine, and caraway in a nonreactive conatiner.
- Fill a large plastic resealable bag with water. Place over top of container so cabbage is completely submerged.
- Place container in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, longer for a stronger flavor.
- Strain brining liquid into medium saucepan. Bring to boil, cool.
- Combine with sauerkraut and keep in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.