If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 12-oz pack shells
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces fresh ricotta
- 4 ounces funky goat cheese (rind intact, nothing in the grim tube!)
- 12 ounces thawed spinach, wrung dry and chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted chopped organic tomatoes
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; make sure to use plenty of salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Beat egg in large bowl. Add ricotta, goat cheese, spinach, herbs, bread crumbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread half a cup of the tomato "sauce" in the bottom of each cooking vessel. (I used 2 9 X 13 baking dishes)
- Use medium-sized metal spoon to fill the shells with the stuffing, arrange in cooking dishes.
- Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the shells
- Cover in foil and pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil, add Parmesan and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until cheese has melted and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
Go strawberries, it's sherbet day.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Rock the roast.
Be shelf smart.
This is poppin'.