If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At a Thanksgiving dinner a few years back I decided to add butternut squash and turnips to the sweet potatoes we usually eat. I ended up overcooking everything and instead of nice pieces of roasted squash and turnip I had mush. since it was already half way there, I decided to puree everything together. When I added some heavy cream and butter the result was delicious and we've been serving this at Thanskgiving ever since. - sweet enough
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2-3 medium white turnips peeled and quartered
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic unpeeled
- 3 sprigs each rosemary, thyme and sage tied together with butcher's twine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 scant tablespoons kosher salt
- heat oven to 400 degrees. place sweet potatoes, squash, turnips and garlic cloves in a roasting pan. the vegetables should all be about the same size. coat everything with the olive oil and the salt. roast for 20 minutes, give the mixture a gentle toss and roast for another 20 minutes.
- while the pan is still in the oven, place the heavy cream and herbs in a saucepan and bring just to the boiling point. lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. set aside.
- when the vegetables are out of the oven peel the garlic (it should slip right out of the skin) and place everything in a bowl. add the butter and slowly pour in the cream as you puree the mixture with a hand blender. blend until just smooth. adjust seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Vegetable Puree
Tags: Side Dishes
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.