If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Loosely based on the traditional Indian dish, this hearty recipe can stand on it's own as a main or be a lovely side dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly with the grain (saute slice)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cinnamon
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked or 1 15 oz. can, drained and rinsed
- 3 bunches kale, stems removed and ripped into bite size pieces
- 1 bag, baby spinach
- 1 small - medium lemon, juiced
- 8 ounces plain non dairy yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil on a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions for 12-15 mins, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and spices and bring to bubbling. Cook for 5-7 mins, stirring regularly, until tomatoes have reduced to a paste.
- Add kale in bunches, it will reduce significantly. Cook until kale is tender. Add spinach and cook 2-3 mins, until tender. Add beans. Stir in lemon juice and yogurt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, adjust spices to your liking, and serve.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.