If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quinoa has allowed us to reinvent some of our old wheels. Red quinoa fills the slot on the pantry shelf that once held bulgur -- earthy tasting, quickly prepared, satisfying. My chief tester ate 2 bowls of this! - susan g
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1/3 cup red lentils
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and pulp
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Prepare quinoa: Put quinoa in a pot with 2 cups boiling water. Cook covered, at a simmer, about 20 minutes or until water is mostly absorbed.
- Prepare lentils: Pour 2 cups boiling water over lentils, in a heat proof bowl. Let it sit until barely warm, then drain off remaining water.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then gently stir in warm lentils and quinoa. Make sure everything is well distributed, but turn gently so that the quinoa is light and well separated. Check for seasoning.
- Serve at room temperature. You can provide a bed of lettuce, garnish with spears of cucumber, spice it up with Sriracha, stuff a tomato...
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish