If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quiche is one of my favorite dishes with it’s flakey and buttery crust and creamy egg filling. Oh and add cheese and game over! Nevertheless, quiche this indulgent often make me feel a bit lethargic. Hello, food coma! Why not omit the crust and make the filling a bit lighter but still flavorful?! —Allison from Haute Box
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken sausage links, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup cubed low fat sharp cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup 1% or nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and chicken sausage to a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside. Using the juices from the chicken sausage and olive oil, add the fresh spinach and saute until wilted. This step should not take very long, probably about 2 minutes.
- Place the wilted spinach in a colander. When the spinach has cooled, gently squeeze to remove excess moisture. Lay spinach in the bottom of the pie dish. Throw-in the cubed cheddar and sausage!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white and sea salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the spinach, cheddar and sausage. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!!
A Toast to Toast
The best thing since sliced bread
A toast to toast.
You gotta ketchup.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
A 10-step guide to better cake.