If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was so inspired by a simple squash side dish I had at one of my favorite local Italian restaurants that I dissected the flavors (as best I could) and ran home to recreate something similar. I'm still not sure if these are the same ingredients the restaurant used, but it's mighty delicious, super family friendly (can be served to eaters as young as 12 mos!), easy to make, and can just as easily be served any weeknight or as part of a special holiday meal. - One Hungry Mama
- 20 ounces peeled & cut (into lg chunks) butternut squash
- 1/4 cup honey
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Steam butternut squash until cooked through.
- Place cooked squash and all other ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. (Alternatively, you can mash this by hand, as you would mashed potatoes.) Serve hot, warm or at room temp—this works well any which way!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Vegetable Puree
Take Some Time For Yourself
Indulge in a luxe dinner tonight.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars