Author Notes: Do you ever just wake up thinking about food combinations? (I already know the answer) So, recently I woke up wondering what I could do to add a subtle coffee, mocha flavor to sweet carrots. I wanted a soft flavor that didn't overwhelm the vegetable, but made it a little more complex. This recipe works with plain just from the garden or supermarket or farmers market orange carrots. I don't know why, but those gorgeous purple and red carrots come out tough. (even though they look beautiful). - dymnyno
- 1 pound carrots (orange only)
- 1 cup coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- sea salt and black pepper
- Trim the carrots (I didn't peel them)
- Mix the minced garlic with the olive oil and slather the carrots with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and grated black pepper.
- Put a layer of whole coffee beans in a large skillet and place the carrots on top of the beans.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and lift the carrots off the beans . Slice diagonally and add more sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee