If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Do you ever just wake up thinking about food combinations? (I already know the answer) So, recently I woke up wondering what I could do to add a subtle coffee, mocha flavor to sweet carrots. I wanted a soft flavor that didn't overwhelm the vegetable, but made it a little more complex. This recipe works with plain just from the garden or supermarket or farmers market orange carrots. I don't know why, but those gorgeous purple and red carrots come out tough. (even though they look beautiful). - dymnyno
- 1 pound carrots (orange only)
- 1 cup coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- sea salt and black pepper
- Trim the carrots (I didn't peel them)
- Mix the minced garlic with the olive oil and slather the carrots with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and grated black pepper.
- Put a layer of whole coffee beans in a large skillet and place the carrots on top of the beans.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and lift the carrots off the beans . Slice diagonally and add more sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee